A Pathway To Patient Care – Dialysis Technician Training
Earn a diploma in the health care field as a dialysis technician. As a dialysis school student in Blue Cliff’s dialysis tech program, you will learn the proper techniques necessary to have when taking care of patients whose kidneys no longer function. As well as having strong social instincts and a caring nature, dialysis technicians also must be able to keep up with the ever-changing technical world to handle the equipment used with patients needing this assistance.
Blue Cliff College’s dialysis technician school provides all of its students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed or gain entry level employment as a dialysis technician (also known as patient care technicians). Throughout this program, participants will gain comprehensive training in:
- Patient preparation and comfort
- Use and care of dialysis machines
- Relevant medical terms
- Safety and sterilization standards
- Use of precise documentation before, during, and after dialysis procedures
Enroll now if you’d like Dialysis Tech training and like to work with technology while assisting people with their critical-care needs. After 72 quarter credit hours of training, graduates will earn their diploma and be qualified for entry-level employment in dialysis clinics and hospitals.
For more information on Blue Cliff’s dialysis technician program, contact us here
Campuses with Dialysis Technician Programs
- Gulfport, MS
A Branch of Metairie
- Houma, LA
A Branch of Metairie
- Shreveport, LA
A Branch of Metairie
No longer enrolling any new students
Licensing Information and Accreditation
Blue Cliff College maintains current accreditation so you know you’re learning skills that are valued in your field. It is important when comparing Blue Cliff to other Dialysis Technician schools, to ensure proper licensing and accreditation. We are:
- Licensed by the Louisiana State Boards of Regents
- Licensed by the Mississippi Commission on Proprietary School and College Registration (License No. C-110)
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)†
†The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, (ACCSC) is an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
More about Careers for Dialysis Technicians
For more information about a career as a Dialysis Technician, please visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET website. The Standard Occupational Code (SOC) for the career 29-2099.00 and the Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) code for this program is 51.1011.
Dialysis Technician Admission Requirements
All applicants must:
- Be in good health and physically able to perform the duties and techniques required for employment in the Dialysis Technician field
- Provide verification that your immunizations are current, including the Hepatitis B series, OR sign an Acknowledgement, Release and Requisition/Declination Form (provided during the admission process) indicating that your immunizations will be current before certain courses can be taken or activities performed
- Complete the Dialysis Student Disclosure Form during the Admissions process, at the second interview with the Program Chair, at the Academic Orientation and prior to Externship (Mississippi only)
Blue Cliff College does not pay for any fees associated with either receiving immunizations or providing verification.
What Does the Dialysis Technician Training Program Cost?
|Program Length:||12 Months (Day Classes)
15 Months (Night Classes)
|Tuition (Based on program length above)*:||$19,008|
|Supplies and fees:||$925|
Financial Aid is available for students interested in our dialysis technician program.
* For a list of books associated with each program, ISBN, and price click here.
Gainful Employment Disclosure: Learn more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the Dialysis Technician program, and other important information. See the page about our 15-month dialysis technician diploma program.