Introducing Blue Cliff College’s Online Library – EBrary™
Blue Cliff College is dedicated to providing our students with access to the educational resources they need to enhance their educational experience. One way that we successfully accomplish this is through our online library, EBrary™. This library offers students who are enrolled in our career school instant access to more than 47,000 multidisciplinary titles, the majority of which were published in 2004 or later. Students can access EBrary™ any time, 24/7/365, and from any Internet-connected device.
What does EBrary™ offer?
EBrary™ features world-renowned publishers, unlimited simultaneous access of information, ease of navigation through extensive databases, and unmatched manipulation of data. Blue Cliff College’s online library is continually expanding – with a growing database of more than 47,000 titles in academic subject areas including:
- Allied Health
- Business and Economics
- Computers and IT
- Education, Engineering and Technology
- History and Political Science
- Humanities, Interdisciplinary and Area Studies
- Language, Literature and Linguistics
- Law, International Relations and Public Policy
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences, Psychology and Social Work
- Religion, Philosophy and Classics
- Sociology and Anthropology
Why Use EBrary™?
EBrary™ includes powerful features designed to help make it easier to discover and manage information. With our innovative electronic library, students can:
- Conduct a search using simple or advanced options – including by keyword, full-text, publisher, author, and other search parameters – with viewing results ranked by book or chapter.
- Open a book by clicking on the title name or jacket. No downloads or installations are required.
- Explore the document by navigating to targeted search terms, searching for key words, jumping to relevant chapters, and flipping through pages.
- Highlight, take notes, and transform text into hyperlinks to other online resources. With EBrary™, you can highlight in a multitude of different colors and with or without notes attached. Students can also create a personal virtual bookshelf (if needed) in which they can save and better organize research.
- Use InfoTools to link to other online resources, simply by selecting words of interest in a document.
- Copy and paste text, and print pages and chapters, with automatic citations that include URLs that go back to the source.
- Manage and share research by dragging books, highlights, and notes into customized bookshelf folders, which can then be emailed to peers.
How Can I Access EBrary™?
Students can access EBrary™ from any computer on any of the Blue Cliff College campuses by logging in at: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/bluecliffcollege. Remote access is also available so students can utilize our online library from virtually any Internet-connected device.
If you need assistance using EBrary™, log in at: http://www.ebrary.com/corp/training.jsp. On the right side of the page, click the Quick Start directions under the Training Videos tab. Or, if you need further assistance, click the Help Desk link under the Support tab (also located along the right side of the page).